It's pink, it's cute, and it's the special guest on this episode of TROLOV (TR Out Loud on Video). Take a peek as we recap this past week at TechRepublic, including the top discussions and members on the boards. If you're not a fan of video (sorry about the Flash, Jaqui), you can choose to just listen to the audio file.Notes: Top discussion threads:
- Poll: How did you learn to program?
- Vista's recommended system requirements were not realistic
- Can an employee be too nice?
- What does Linux do that Windows can't?
- Friday Nite Music - Flashback Through the 60's...
- To all my GREAT TR peers - you guys are GREAT!
- Avatars For Use — Tiggers 3-Day — Get em while they last
For more information on how to help TiggerTwo reach her 3-Day fundraising goals, visit http://08.the3day.org/goto/tricia.Most "Thumbs Up" in the TR Questions arena this week?
- Jacky Howe (13 thumbs)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (11 thumbs)
- OH Smeg (8 thumbs)
- Old Mycroft (6 thumbs)
- Bizzo (5 thumbs)
- boxfiddler (355 posts)
- Peconet Tietokoneet (174 posts)
- NickNielson (159 posts)
- Jacky Howe (150 posts)
- seanferd (98 posts)
Many thanks to boxfiddler, Old Mycroft, Jack Howe, Chris, jdclyde, GG, and Steve for sending in e-mails or voice messages for this week's show, including an answer to CG IT's Question of the Week: "What are your hobbies outside of computers?" and Hal 9000's Question of the Week: "What do you do to try to keep up with new technological developments and retain a full-time job?"
Also, special thanks to dieselsweeties.com for cool t-shirts to wear on the show!
This week's Question of the Week was submitted by GG (our own gadgetgirl): "What's your favorite place to be? - or - Where's your favorite place for a vacation?"Send all comments, questions, photos, and video clips to TROL at cnet.com. To leave a voice message, call our toll free number is (866)-414-CNET (2638). You can also leave a message via Skype, and our Skype ID is tr.out.loud.
If I feature your submission on the show, you're eligible for free TR swag, which includes mugs, shirts, toolkits, frisbees, disposable cameras, and the following list of premium products:
- IT Vendor Management Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- IT Managers Hiring Tool Kit (CD-ROM)
- PC Troubleshooter Resource Guide, Fifth Edition (Book with CD-ROM included)
- IT Security Survival Guide, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional's Guide to Project Management, Volume 2 (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- Administrator's Guide to TCP/IP, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
- IT Professional's Guide to Desktop Control, Second Edition (Workbook with CD-ROM included)
Sonja Thompson has worked for TechRepublic since October of 1999. She is currently a Senior Editor and the host of the several blogs.