Infrastructure as a Service providers make a very compelling argument for businesses to stop running their own data centers and simply purchase server capacity on-demand and scale up and down as needed. "Cloud Computing: Moving to IaaS" is a deep dive on IaaS strategy and best practices. The special feature page on ZDNet includes these articles:
- Moving to IaaS: An overview
- Finding the ideal IaaS provider
- How cloud computing changes (almost) everything about the skills you need
- Cloud financials as a catalyst for business culture upheaval
- Cloud infrastructure: Three views from the IaaS sharp end
The joint TechRepublic-ZDNet feature also includes research based on recent surveys of companies that have implemented IaaS and a free eBook that compiles articles on developing a cloud strategy (registration required).
Selena has been at TechRepublic since 2002. She is currently a Senior Editor with a background in technical writing, editing, and research. She edits Data Center, Linux and Open Source, Apple in the Enterprise, The Enterprise Cloud, Web Designer, and IT Security blogs.