Answers to our RAID basics pop quiz:
- Redundant array of inexpensive/independent devices
- RAID 0
- RAID 1
- RAID 5
- RAID 10
- Disk duplexing
For more information on the pros and cons of different RAID levels, including those not covered on this quiz, check out the following TechRepublic resources:
- Choose a RAID level that works for you
- Download: RAID storage explained
- RAID 50 offers a balance of performance, storage capacity, and data integrity
- Understand when RAID 60 is overkill
- Replace a failed drive in Linux RAID
- RAID 6 or RAID 1+0: Which should you choose?
- RAID 6 -- Do you really want it?
- RAID 5 or RAID 6: Which should you select?
- How to protect yourself from RAID-related Unrecoverable Read Errors (UREs)
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. He was most recently Managing Editor for TechRepublic Pro. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.