PowerShell scripts can save you a lot of time on Windows admin tasks - but to get the most from it, there are a few key concepts that you need to know. During this week's episode of TR Dojo, I show five PowerShell techniques that can put you on the path to becoming a scripting ninja.
For those who prefer text to video, you can click the Transcript link that appears below the video player window or check out Brien Posey's original article.
The following are links to the resources I mentioned in the video and provide additional PowerShell tips:
- Scripting with Windows PowerShell (Microsoft TechNet)
- Working with Hash Tables (Microsoft TechNet)
- Set the PowerShell execution policy via Group Policy (TR Dojo)
- Use PowerShell to list all roles on a Windows Server (TR Dojo)
- Three PowerShell scripts for managing users in Active Directory Domain Services (TR Dojo)
You can also sign up to receive the latest TR Dojo lessons through one or more of the following methods:
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. He was most recently Managing Editor for TechRepublic Pro. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.