Check out the following links for more PowerShell resources:
- TR Dojo: Use PowerShell to list all roles on a Windows Server
- TR Dojo: Set the PowerShell execution policy via Group Policy
- TR Dojo: Five advanced PowerShell scripting tricks for Windows admins
- 10 fundamental concepts for PowerShell scripting
- 10 cool things you can do with Windows PowerShell
For those who prefer text to video, click the View Transcript link below the video player windows or check out Brien Posey's article, "10 PowerShell commands every Windows admin should know," on which this video is based.
You can also sign up to receive the latest TR Dojo lessons through one or more of the following methods:
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.