There needn't be a global flu pandemic for IT pros to protect their health and safety. Workplace health risks are a constant threat, whether it's contagion, heavy lifting, repetitive motion, or plain old stress. In this IT Dojo video, I'll share common-sense tips IT pros should use every day to stay safe and healthy at work.
For those of you who prefer text to video, you can click the Transcript link that appears below the video player window. For more tips on staying safe and healthy at work, check out the following articles:
- Is IT hazardous to your health?
- Quick Tip: Protect yourself from colds and flu
- 10 IT health risks — and how to combat them
- Members offer advice for protecting against cold/flu viruses
You can also sign up to receive the latest IT Dojo lessons through one or more of the following methods:
- Subscribe to the IT Dojo RSS feed
- Sign up for customizable IT Dojo e-mail alerts
- Access IT Dojo from your mobile device
- Follow Bill Detwiler on Twitter
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.