Network administrators are always looking for tools that can save them time and help them optimize and secure their networks. I'm sure most, if not all, of you have your own list of favorite tools. In this IT Dojo video, I talk about the following three net admin tools that our TechRepublic authors and members say they can't live without:
After watching the video, you can learn why TechRepublic author Justin Fielding picked these applications as his favorite network tools in his article, "Three network tools I couldn't live without"--the basis for this video. For more network reviews and opinions of popular administration tools, check out the following TechRepublic Resources:
- Monitor network health with ServersCheck 7.0
- Troubleshoot network problems with PingPlotter
- Gather detailed system information with Belarc Advisor
- Spiceworks' free IT Desktop provides basic network monitoring for SMBs
- Network LookOut Administrator Professional: The Right Tool for the Job?
- Security Tools: Sun's VirtualBox
- 7 enterprise management tools for shops with a tight budget
- Cisco administration 101: Monitor network traffic with NetFlow
- Servers Alive: The Right Tool for the Job?
- GFI Network Server Monitor: The Right Tool for the Job?
Bill Detwiler has nothing to disclose. He doesn't hold investments in the technology companies he covers.
Bill Detwiler is Managing Editor of TechRepublic and Tech Pro Research and the host of Cracking Open, CNET and TechRepublic's popular online show. Prior to joining TechRepublic in 2000, Bill was an IT manager, database administrator, and desktop support specialist in the social research and energy industries. He has bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Louisville, where he has also lectured on computer crime and crime prevention.