Deb Shinder asked the TR community some really great questions in the most popular post this past week, including: “Cloudy days ahead for IT admins?” “Are IT pros evolving into developers?” and “What can (or should) Microsoft do about it?” Find out what other topics and members were the most active on the boards.
Top 5 discussion threads:
- IT Pros are not feeling the love from Microsoft (Debra Littlejohn Shinder)
- 10 toxic character types you’ll meet on the job (Alan Norton)
- Microsoft buys Skype for $8.5 billion, so now what? (Jason Hiner)
- While IT pros scoff, Google Chromebooks will likely seduce businesses (Jason Hiner)
- 10 curses of the analytical thinker (Alan Norton)
TR members with the most total posts on the forums
TR members with the most Votes Up in the Q&A forum
Top spam busters
Here are a few other links that you should check out:
- Conceptualizing Chromebooks, Chrome OS, and HTML5-based apps
- Effectively use social media for business applications
- Hal 9000 highlights TR Questions of the Week - May 16, 2011
- Camera phone challenge: May flowers
- Camera phone challenge: Geeky couples
- TechRepublic FAQ: Voting
- TechRepublic FAQ: Q&A
TechRepublic Community photo galleries:
- TechRepublic swag from around the world
- TR Member pet pics
- TR Member tattoo pics
- TR Member costume pics
- TR member Garden Club gallery
- TechRepublic’s camera phone challenges
If you’d like to contribute to the pics galleries, please send us your photos.
You can now also purchase merchandise from the TechRepublic store on CafePress!
For those of you who just celebrated a birthday, please let us know so that we can give you a shout out next year. If your birthday is quickly approaching, we want to know that too!
Have you signed up for TechRepublic Live 2011 on Sept. 28-30? Seating is limited, so if you haven’t registered, please reserve your spot today!