The fierce battle for the virtualization space continues as Microsoft fires back with a free hypervisor of its own called Hyper-V Server 2008. Here is a tutorial that shows you how to install Hyper-V Server 2008.
- Let's begin by downloading the software and then burning it to external media such as a DVD.
- Place the DVD in your computer and let it autorun on boot.
- Choose your language.
- Select the appropriate settings.
- Click Install Now.
- Accept the license terms.
- Click on Custom (Advanced), and you can format your system prior to the installation.
- You can highlight the partition and format or create extended partitions.
- Log in to the system with Administrator and no password and you will be prompted to change the password.
- On this screen you can step through the configuration (1-13) to customize. For example, Press 2 and change the computer name. It will require a reboot.