Before reading the 10 things I Hate about Linux, check out the 10 things I Love about Linux.
- Too many versions. People complain about Windows Vista with 8 versions but I can't even count on one hand how many different distributions of Linux are available today.
- I do not want to use the command prompt.
- User interface doesn't compare to Windows.
- I want to be able to use my computer, not spend days trying to figure out how to use it.
- OpenOffice does not hold a candle to Microsoft Office. I would like to see a robust Microsoft Office for the Linux platform.
- Linux is not as user friendly as Windows.
- It is not ready for the average user.
- Lack of hardware support.
- Everything you can do with Windows and a Mac, you cannot do with Linux. Examples included multimedia and drivers (especially wireless).
- Lack of hardware manufacturer support.
- Installations can be tricky. They are not out of the box load and go. There is always some sort of configuration involved.
- Games are plentiful and cooler on Windows.
- Linux's snobbish and self-satisfied, join my club and become clever like us, attitude.
What would you like to add to this list? Add it in the comments section and I will edit the blog and add your entry. Let's really see what people dislike out there.