Windows 7: Migration tips, performance, and features
March 29, 2010, 12:00am PDT
Source: TechRepublic Pro
What you can expect from Windows 7 to help you plan a successful upgrade!
Why upgrade to Windows 7 rather than stay with Windows XP or Vista? The most important reason to upgrade is security. If you're still running XP, another important consideration is the fact that Microsoft ended mainstream support for XP.
Any Windows operating system upgrade is a big step for an organization or user, and whether you're planning to move directly from Vista or make a bigger leap from XP to Windows 7, careful preparation is needed to make a successful transition.
Here is some of what you will discover in TechRepublic's Windows 7: Migration tips, performance, and features:
- Top 10 changes to security in Windows 7
- 10 things you should know about moving from Windows XP to Windows 7
- 10 questions to consider when planning a Windows 7 upgrade
- Configure a USB flash drive to be a Windows 7 installation platform
- Plan and execute a smooth Windows 7 upgrade with the help of this flowchart
- 100 keyboard shortcuts for moving faster in Windows 7
- Use Bootsect to extract Vista or Windows 7 from a dual-boot configuration
- And much more
Not only should you begin planning for your operating system migration, but you should begin learning as much as you can about Windows 7.
TechRepublic's guide,"Windows 7: Migration tips, performance, and features" is your essential resource for planning your upgrade!
Download Size: 2.88 KB
Page Count: 115