I have Windows 2003 Server R2 on Servers and Windows Xp Pro , Windows 2000 Pro on Clients.
I have installed a PDC(Primary Domain Controller) ? Let?s call it as DC1
I have installed a Second DC using (Additional Domain Controller for an existing domain controller option) ? Let?s call it as DC2.
I have Configured Domain Based DFS on PDC ( ROOT and Links) and ADC (ROOT TARGET and Link Targets).
Please tell me:
1) If DC1(PDC) goes down, will DC2 (ADC) take over automatically i.e fail over mechanism on Domain controller????
2) When DC1 Goes Down, Then DFS( Distributed File System) can not be Queried /Accessible.
3) Why We Use ADC i.e ADC provides which Network Services ?
4) I want to have the complete automated Fail_Over and Fail_Back mechanism of domain controllers and DFS, so that
windows XP and Windows 2000 clients recieves correct data. Also Mention that how much Delays are Possible During
Fail_Over and Fail_Back to Occur.
5) DNS On Additional Domain Controller should be PRIMARY or SECONDARY ?
Any Tutorial, Lecture or Hands on Lab notes, Vedio will be very helpful to me.
Sir, Prompt Response will be highly appretiated.
Keep Up with TechRepublic