no dice - 3 dictionary results
Sponsored Links No Dice at Amazon
Low prices on new & used music. Qualified orders over $25 ship free
Bargain Prices. Smart Deals. Save on No Dice.
/daɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [dahys] Show IPA Pronunciation
plural noun, singular die, verb, diced, dic⋅ing.
1. small cubes of plastic, ivory, bone, or wood, marked on each side with one to six spots, usually used in pairs in games of chance or in gambling.
2. poker dice.
3. any of various games, esp. gambling games, played by shaking and throwing from two to six dice or poker dice onto a flat surface. Compare craps.
4. any small cubes.
5. Auto Racing. a jockeying for lead position between two or more drivers in which tactics are used to pass or keep from being passed.
?verb (used with object)
6. to cut into small cubes.
7. to decorate with cubelike figures.
8. to lose by gambling with dice (often fol. by away).
?verb (used without object)
9. to play at dice.
10. to cause or bring about by gambling with dice.
11. Auto Racing. to duel with another car or cars in a dice.
12. no dice, Informal. of no use or help; ineffective.
1300?50; ME dees, dis, dyce (sing. and pl.), dyces (pl.) OF de(i)z, d?s (pl.); see die 2
Keep Up with TechRepublic