I try to limit my email replies so please forgive the public response. Thank you. I have stable flash for the first time since going 64bit.
For other's that may be having issues also:
1. download Adobe's 64bit Player v10 currently in late beta.
2. uncompress the tar.gz resulting in a single file; libflashplayer.so
3. copy libflashplayer.so to /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
4. close and reopen Firefox then test against your favorite Flash over-using website.
My specific setup:
- Mandriva 64bit 2008.1
- Mozilla Firefox 64bit (from distro repository)
- Adobe Flashplayer version10 beta Linux 64bit
Here's to hoping Adobe can finish off the development work and put this version into public release. I'd be curious to know why a 64bit build of the 32bit player has taken so long however, Flash working natively makes that question much less important.
Keep Up with TechRepublic