I'm glad to hear that your country's address the issue that way, but it only applies to the 4.5% of the world population (yes, Wikipedia), and I earn my living dealing with the remainder 95.5% of the world.
Each country tries to fix it their own way. In my country, I'd find jews, muslims, whites and even indigenous play football, attend the same schools and colleges, run business together, and even hang out together in pubs. Just can't imagine something like that in the Middle East these days.
When I was In Denmark and Netherlands, attending a tech event, people was extremely polite and nice, despite the mixed feelings about hispanics, I was totally unaware of at that time.
In the States, I've been in Atlanta, Nashville and NY. I was impressed at how educated, willing to help and well informed the people were, and I'm talking of people from 4 well-known communities of your country.
I think the first step should be done by each one of us. Showing true respect for differences and tolerance, open doors everywhere. We all know this, but we often forget it.
Keep Up with TechRepublic