1. It's easier to sly look at a wristwatch rather than a phone during a boring meeting.
2. Dedicated GPS units have a larger display than most, if not all, smartphones.
3. Though I've been using my smartphone more for pictures, I find it easier to take pictures with digital cameras because a lower chance of blurring accidently.
4. Don't take much video but when I do I prefer camcorders.
5. I want my data local. Cloud is only backup to me. I know if I have my computer then I have my data. Cloud storage may or may not be accessible.
6. Laptops are much better for serious computing than the tablets I've tried. The main thing is that they have a real keyboard.
7. I agree with the use of media players. My media player gets over a dozen hours on a single charge. My smartphone will die on me in half that time
8. I don't have a blue ray player but I like its predecessor If I have a laptop or a DVD player, I can watch a DVD. I can't have streaming everyplace. When I had Netflix streaming, there were many times when the streaming would stop - and I have a fast, reliable connection.
9. I like smart phones. However, there are people such as my girlfriend who just want a phone. That's it. No camera, no Internet access, just something to make and receive calls on.
10. I agree for the most part that wireless phones are better than landlines. However, there somethings that cannot be done with a wireless. As an example, you cannot receive collect calls. Another thing is that you don't have to worry about reception. When I go to a friend's house, I have to go outside to make a wireless call because I don't get a good reception inside hise house.
Keep Up with TechRepublic