- A Multimeter
- An Ethernet cable tester
- A tone generator for line tracing
- An Ethernet cable
- A phone cord
- A DSL line filter (Yes, people still use DSL, especially small businesses)
- A USB wired network adapter (with drivers)
- A USB wireless network adapter (with drivers)
- A pen and notepad
- A can of compressed air
- Long tweezers
- Needlenose pliers
- An LED "headlamp" so you can have light where you need it and keep both hands free.
- A compact travel keyboard and mouse if your toolbox/bag has room for it. These external HID can save time and frustration.
- A paper clip
- A Linux boot ("Live") CD with software tools preloaded
- An Updated Avira boot "rescue" CD
- MalwareBytes, HiJackThis, and Spybot Search & Destroy installers and updated definitions on a USB drive.
- An assortment of OS and Office installation discs for repairing installations.
- Hand sanitizer
Keep Up with TechRepublic