The best candidates, i.e., the most sought after candidates, may or may not be a good hire.
- Competence is the King of job performance.
- Talent is the Queen of job performance.
- Potential is the Prince of job performance.
- Education is the Princess of job performance.
- Experience is the Court Jester of job performance.
Competence and Talent rule job performance.
There are many factors to consider when hiring talent but first we need to define talent unless "hiring talent" means "hiring employees."
Everyone wants to hire for talent but if we can't answer the five questions below with specificity, we can't hire for talent.
1. How do you define talent?
2. How do you measure talent?
3. How do you know a candidates talent?
4. How do you know what talent is required for each job?
5. How do you match a candidates talent to the talent demanded by the job?
Employers need to assess for:
- Cultural Match
- Skills Match
- Job Match
Some employers assess for all three.
Read the following web page for a description of how to hire high-potential employees.
Keep Up with TechRepublic