My dear commenters,
The preliminary US market share figures for computers (excludes Tablets) shows people are voting with their feet.
The numbers show:
- HP in top spot 23% (with negative sales growth in the last qtr of -26%)
- Dell in 2nd spot 22% (with positive sales growth of 4%)
- Apple in 3rd spot 11.6% (with positive sales growth in the last qtr of 20%
- Toshiba in 4th 10.7% (with negative sales growth in the last qtr of -2.2%
- Acer group 5th 9.8% (negative sales growth in the last qtr of 11.4%
While sales of your beloved Wintel are going backwards it appears the myth of small apple sales perpetuates. Maybe it's the halo effect of the iPad and iPhone but when people aren't buying Wintel, they seem to be shelling out for these "expensive" Apple computers.
Guess I must be living in dreamland...
Keep Up with TechRepublic