1) We hired a new receptionist recently. The ad specifically said that PC and MS Office skills were required. When I gave the new-hire her user ID and Password she looked at me as though I grown a 3rd eye. I should have patience with this?!
3) I don't mind working outside of regular hours - many tasks MUST be performed after-hours. But I expect to be compensated for that time. Just saying that I'm "on salary" doesn't cut it. When I spend a 3-day weekend in the office, re-working something that couldn't wait, I expect some comp-time. Sadly, that's a foreign concept here.
4) Individuals can be OK but people are jerks.
9) I hate BAD technology. Windows ME, Vista, 8, the Ribbon Interface, Nero's code-bloat, Adobe Flash, Adobe Reader, etc, etc, etc...
10) Fortunately, there is no one in the office over night that would likely have an IT issue that couldn't wait until the morning. But it is critical to set limits. If the boss wants me to be on-call 24/7 then my compensation package would need a dramatic overhaul. Notice I didn't say just salary.
Keep Up with TechRepublic