1. Cloud International Inc provides cloud services and offers a twenty million dollar guarantee of security and privacy of data.
2. Innovations House Inc use Cloud International Inc for their services.
3. We Own Your Base Inc offers Cloud International Inc forty million dollars for a copy of the Innovations House Inc database, and the deal is accepted. They sue the data to steal fifty million dollars of business from Innovations House Inc.
4. Innovations House Inc find out their data is breached and sue, they get twenty million dollars but have just lost business opportunities that cost them fifty million dollars.
5. Cloud International Inc payout the twenty million dollar guarantee, but still make a twenty million dollar profit on the deal.
Two out of three make a big win but the real owner of the data has a big loss just because they went out of house.
The above is what's known as industrial espionage and happens all the time, so it's a real likely event to happen.
Keep Up with TechRepublic