1) Open file explorer and find folder C:\Apps\pwr (see fig. pwr1) with icons created
from Greg Shultz article: Shutdown Windows 8 right from the desktop
Note: you can leave the taskbar option as shutdown if you prefer.
2) Click on Name header to reorder icons (see fig. pwr2)
3) Click taskbar, click toolbars and New Toobar (see fig. pwr3)
4) In New Toolbar, find folder C:\Apps\pwr and type pwr and click Select Folder
to make pwr option on taskbar (see fig. pwr4)
5) Click on >> beside pwr, click and hold shutdown icon to move it to the top of list. (see fig. pwr5 & pwr6)
6) Click on the toolbar separator to the left of pwr and drag it to the left (see
fig. pwr7) with about half the icon visible.
7) Click on lock toolbar so that pwr icons do not reorder.
Sorry! I can't figure out how to attached the figures referenced...
Keep Up with TechRepublic