W8 has nothing NEW to offer W7 users who have a Laptop or Desktop. What do I mean?
1. Boot time is done or twice a day or week. Win 7 from hibernate or sleep is just as fast as W8 and I can get at it easily.
2. There is no learning curve, W7 just works the way I like and want it to.
3. The multiple Storage options are all available on W7.
4. If you really want IE10 (Why?) Its available on W7.
5. Task Manager. W7 task manager. If I found my users playing with that they would be shown the door. I employ people to USE the machine not fiddle under the hood.
6. Hyper V. Not of any use to mainstream users, just tech/geek stuff. No productivity gain.
7. Search under W7 is much Better. W8 you have to look up, fail, try settings, etc.
8. Skydrive is not as good as many of the free alternatives in the wild.
9. Windows to go. There many better ways and upgrading (!) Is not one of them.
10. Metro. No valid or usable Business or productivity purpose.
11. Windows Store. Just a way to spend money with Microsoft!
I tried W8 and to summarise
Windows 8 FAIL!
Life is too short.
Keep Up with TechRepublic