1. I always make sure that my clients have a decent firewall on
right away right after startup and before registration and before
connecting the internet and configure the firewall.
2.Install AVG antivirus. it is free and works better than
3.Get the updates
4. Get OS updates
5. Advise them client on importance of making sure they
regularly check for updates av, firewall, OS
6. train client on importance of not clicking on attachments from
people they dont know, or have not advised them in advance
that they are sending something other than message.
7. Inform them of d/l and the dangers involved.
8. Change from Outlook or express to something less open like
Thunderbird. or Eudora
9. Make sure the client knows how to do all updates and keep
thier computer secure and what could happen if they dont.
10. TELL THEM HOW MUCH IT WILL COST TO FIX IT AFTER
THEY GET THE COMPUTER COMPROMISED $100 EACH TIME
Keep Up with TechRepublic