Question

• Creator
    Topic

2007 Excel password protected doc recovery

by terrill ·

I conducted multiple PC recoveries on the advice of an HP on-line technician to remedy a minor issue, which I regret very much as I have seemingly lost countless files. I am trying to locate a 07 password protected excel file which is proving to be difficult. i have used a file recovery software to no avail. Any ideas or suggestions to assist in the recovery would be greatly appreciated!

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by terrill ·

In reply to 2007 Excel password protected doc recovery

Clarifications

What did HP have you do?

by thumbsup2 ·

It’s tough to make suggestions if we don’t know what they had you do. The files may well have been deleted by their instructions. Do you remember the steps they put you through?

Or at the very least what it was that you used?

by oh smeg ·

In reply to What did HP have you do?

Also where did you save the recovered information?

if you know the file name

by cg it ·

In reply to Or at the very least what it was that you used?

did you do a search? if so how?

you can search from the command line or use the Windows search function.

from the command line you can do a find and use a wild card *.doc to find all doc files in a partition.

Search

by triathlete1981 ·

Can you do a search for your 07 Excel files? If you’re talking about password protection on individual sheets within the Excel workbook, that has nothing to do with inability to find the file.

Try a search for .xlsx files on your computer and make sure to include hidden files in the search.

Viewing 2 reply threads