General discussion

333MhZ FSB

By Daz'n'Ash ·
I have just upgraded my motherboard and CPU. Also my DDR Ram I have added. Since they run at 333MhZ FSB, shouldn't it show 333MhZ when starting up rather than 266?

My Motherboard is an Albatron nForce KM18G Pro, CPU is the new AMD Barton 2500+, using PC 2700 DDR Ram (1gb) Hard drive is a new Seagate 7200rpm 80gb, running Windows 2000 Pro.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by TheChas In reply to 333MhZ FSB

Check the BIOS revision, and see if Albatron has an update that corrects CPU and memory settings.

CAUTION: Unless the BIOS update specifically addresses a problem you are having, it is NOT advised to flash the BIOS.
If you do flash the BIOS, follow ALL precautions.

Sometimes, the 'default' BIOS settings are conservative.
You often have to enter BIOS settings, and adjust them for your RAM and CPU.

Chas

Collapse -

by Daz'n'Ash In reply to

Hi Chas, well I checked all BIOS settings, all is as it should be. There is no BIOS updates that would specifically deal with this issue. Thanks for taking time to answer.

Collapse -

by Deadly Ernest In reply to 333MhZ FSB

After checking the BIOS settings as CHAS suggested I would check the motherboard manual to see if this is one where you set the FSB via jumpers on the board.

If jumper settings (if any) and BIOS are set right then it should be showing 333mhz if all components are 333Mhz.

Collapse -

by Daz'n'Ash In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Daz'n'Ash In reply to 333MhZ FSB

ALL components are 333MhZ. I found the jumper to adjust this. I gfot it to read at 333MhZ but it will not boot into Windows. Could this be the IDE cables not being 333MhZ compatible? They are 80 pin flat straps. They are the only thing I have yet to change.

Collapse -

by TheGiz In reply to 333MhZ FSB

Check your memory. Direct PC DDR Ram has a compatability problem with most AMD chips and boards. I had the same problem until I changed the memory to Kingmax 3200 DDR Ram. Now I can over clock everything and it's as stable as ****

;o)

Collapse -

by Daz'n'Ash In reply to

Poster rated this answer.

Collapse -

by Daz'n'Ash In reply to 333MhZ FSB

This question was closed by the author

Back to Hardware Forum
8 total posts (Page 1 of 1)