Discussions

802.11n problem in mac/pc

+
0 Votes

802.11n problem in mac/pc

fsv67
I've just bought an imac 20" Core2Duo computer. I'm trying to use both pc and mac together. In mac part, I can easily connect via wireless , but in a pc part it is not connecting via new Broadcom 802.11n wireless adapter.Could it be update problem or something else..pc giving a message of cannot getting an IP address... Help needed...I have same config on a another mac book core 2duo bought last year and have a atheros wireless adapter..No problems occured in mac/pc parts..
  • +
    0 Votes
    tintoman

You didn't say what operating system is on your pc, if it is XP then you will need service pack 2 loaded, if you have that and your pc "sees" your wireless router but cannot get an IP address from it I would check the wireless encryption setting and make sure you have the correct key set in your pc, otherwise you will get the "this connection has limited or no connectivity" message

+
    0 Votes
    deepsand

Try the "Questions" forum; the "Discussion" forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the "Question" forum, rather than the "Discussion" forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that's where they go to look for such.

Additionally there are the benefits that:

1) The "Questions" forum provides for your feedback, by way of your being able to mark "helpful" responses as such. This does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but only that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours, so that they might have a ready source of reference available, thereby perhaps obviating the need for them to repeat questions previously asked and answered.

2) The revised TR makes it quite difficult to find both "Discussions" and "Questions" that have not had a fairly recent post, owing to some functions comingling them in the listings. By keeping each type in their respective forums, it is easier for all to find what they are looking for.

• +
    0 Votes
    tintoman

You didn't say what operating system is on your pc, if it is XP then you will need service pack 2 loaded, if you have that and your pc "sees" your wireless router but cannot get an IP address from it I would check the wireless encryption setting and make sure you have the correct key set in your pc, otherwise you will get the "this connection has limited or no connectivity" message

+
    0 Votes
    deepsand

Try the "Questions" forum; the "Discussion" forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution.

Post problems such as this to the "Question" forum, rather than the "Discussion" forum. There are those who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution, and that's where they go to look for such.

Additionally there are the benefits that:

1) The "Questions" forum provides for your feedback, by way of your being able to mark "helpful" responses as such. This does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but only that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours, so that they might have a ready source of reference available, thereby perhaps obviating the need for them to repeat questions previously asked and answered.

2) The revised TR makes it quite difficult to find both "Discussions" and "Questions" that have not had a fairly recent post, owing to some functions comingling them in the listings. By keeping each type in their respective forums, it is easier for all to find what they are looking for.