General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

A suitable Word Template

by samuel_765 ·

A friend of mine had asked me to work on a site for him that he had purchased a word template from someone. I am currently having trouble with editing it. I attempt to change the background image to another image and change the button image also as said in the help file. Is there something I?m doing wrong? I would like to discard the template if I get a suitable template. The damn thing is just not working.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

save as template

by dma69593 ·

In reply to A suitable Word Template

Ensure the template is saved as a template in Word, using .dot as the file extension.
      To change the template:
      Open up Task Pane
      Click on Create Document
      Click on template from On my computer

This should open up the template dialog box. If you have saved it as a template document, you should be able to see it.
      In the bottom right, there are two radio dials, (Create new). One says document, the other says template. Click on the template dial. This option allows you to change the template and saves the changes, whereas the document view will allow you to change the template, but only for at that time.
      I hope this helps you.

Message has been deleted.

by bennett6p6p ·

Tools – Macro – Macro – Edit and edit the code.

by allouttr ·

Edit the VBA code behind the template by selecting Tools – Macro – Macro – Edit.

Viewing 2 reply threads