General discussion

• Creator
    Topic

A True Security and Compliance Tool

by profx ·

I have noticed a lot of products out there in the market these days claiming to be “compliance” tools. I just happened to read this article today (http://whitepapers.techrepublic.com.com/thankyou.aspx?&promo=099&trial=25297002&tag=nl.e099.em&docid=1514541&view=1514541&load=1) and wanted to shed some light on a “true” security and compliance tool. I have been in the industry for over 10 years, and there is not a product that can come close to what Symantec’s Data Loss Prevention can do. With the increasing amount of remote users in a company’s infrastructure, your firewall, or corporate network is now subject to more vulnerabilities than before. As a compliance tool, or to see where your data is, who has access to it, and where it is going, there is NOT a better product on the market. This product is in over 30% of fortune 100 companies today, and that number is rising. If you are looking for a true solution to your security and compliance problems within your corporate infrastructure, please give this it’s due chance.

All Comments

• Author
    Replies

not spam

by profx ·

In reply to A True Security and Compliance Tool

I’m actually shocked that this would be reported as spam. If anyone would like any information pertaining to this post please feel free to message me. Thank you!

Is so

by santeewelding ·

In reply to not spam

And, you are the originating shill.

Your post bears no relation whatsoever to a specific thread. Had it, you could safely recommend the product and your experience with it.

Thank you

by profx ·

In reply to Is so

Interesting choice of words, however I will refrain from participating in your banter and focus on my post. Thank you for taking the time to input your .02.

My post focuses on security and compliance and the best piece of software out there to help any business with becoming compliant as well as securing their data. Maybe you could post your experience as a CEO in your company with how you may have had (or could have) a data breech and the steps you took to resolve it, or if you couldn’t resolve it. Not only do I have a general interest in this product, but I truly believe in it, because it works out of the box. I enjoy providing a solution to people that want to secure their data, therefore all I am doing is trying to start a nice discussion about it. Thank you.

Nice discussions

by santeewelding ·

In reply to Thank you

About a sole product are originated by TR people who are paid to do it.

Anybody else pays to do it.

Yours, unpaid either way, is deserving of banter.

Thank you again..

by profx ·

In reply to Nice discussions

It is a public forum, but I do appreciate your replies. Can we try to stay on topic and discuss something that the rest of the forum could benefit from? DLP has some great features that make it something that every company out there should at least invest the time in to at least look at what it can do. Although I might have a hard time convincing you to do anything but post about things off topic, this software alone is responsible for saving company’s millions of dollars. I do not exaggerate when I say that because I have witnessed it in person at several locations. santee, it seems you are not a fan of DLP, so I’m curious what soft of security measures you have in place at your company to stop data from leaving your network?

Topic?

by santeewelding ·

In reply to Thank you again..

Whose topic?

And, since when is truth about transparently back-door marketing off-topic?

Why should anyone have to message you?

by seanferd ·

In reply to not spam

That makes it sound more, not less, like spam.

And frankly, it does read like an “abstract” from a “white paper” (read: advertisement disguised as research).

If you want to provide more or better-presented information, do so in this thread. It may just affect readers’ opinions, as well as the decision of The Powers Who Own The Delete Key.

Viewing 0 reply threads