General discussion

Access 2 -> Access 2000

By loki ·
My organisation is planning to migrate various Access 2 apps to Win2k/Access2k in the summer. I've checked out the MS White Paper on Access conversion but I would be more interested in canvassing you lot. If anyone has any experience of particularproblems going from A2->A2k, I'd be very interested. For example, do A2 databases bloat after conversion?
TIA

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2 -> Access 2000

by dheupel In reply to Access 2 -> Access 2000

The biggest problem you will encounter here is the conversion of any specific coding within each database application. 16-bit VBA code does not get magically converted to its 32-bit counterpart. Someone will have to manually re-code any VBA in your Access applications. If an Access application is complex enough, it may just be easier to export the table structures and data, and then re-code from the ground up in Access 2K.

Additionally, if they are just straight "flat" databases with a few tables, forms, queries, reports, and no specialized VBA coding - those applications should convert just fine, but - you may want to consider converting them to Access 95 or 97, before converting to Access 2K.

Good luck with your migration project.

Collapse -

Access 2 -> Access 2000

by loki In reply to Access 2 -> Access 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Access 2 -> Access 2000

by G S In reply to Access 2 -> Access 2000

Also remember that your db's will be converted for good so make back up copies.

Good Luck

Collapse -

Access 2 -> Access 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Access 2 -> Access 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Operating Systems Forums