General discussion

Access 2 to Access 2000

By loki ·
My organisation is planning to migrate various Access 2 apps to Win2k/Access2k in the summer. I've checked out the MS White Paper on Access conversion but I would be more interested in canvassing you lot. If anyone has any experience of particular probl ems going from A2->A2k, I'd be very interested. For example, do A2 databases bloat after conversion?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2 to Access 2000

by Cedric King In reply to Access 2 to Access 2000

I do not think you may be able to get furthur responses for your question due to the age of it. It's best if you can close this question and post another if problem still exists.

Collapse -

Access 2 to Access 2000

by loki In reply to Access 2 to Access 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Access 2 to Access 2000

by Linda B. In reply to Access 2 to Access 2000

It is much better than upgrading to Access 97, for example. I can't give you information on the database, because we went through the process with SQL 6.5 to SQL 2000 no problem. With the application; however, you will receive an exception listingof incompatible items that were used in your 2.0 appl. Because, I don't know what functionality you employed, I can not give you specific feedback. Some commands may have been altered or eliminated, these will have to be changed in your 2.0 appl and reconvert. This may take several iterations to complete, but like I said it is much less painful than to Access97.

Hope this helps.
Linda B.

Collapse -

Access 2 to Access 2000

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

Access 2 to Access 2000

by Shanghai Sam In reply to Access 2 to Access 2000

I haven't done this in Access, but experience with other Office products suggests this:

When you convert, test the DB thoroughly. It may work better to convert in steps, to Access95 to Access97 to Access2K, for example. Test its function each time. In this way, if the straight conversion doesn't work, you can do it in smaller bites.

Good fortune,
Don

Collapse -

Access 2 to Access 2000

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to IT Employment Forum
6 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

General Discussion Forums