General discussion

Access 2000 formatting.

By Ian Boothby ·
This is not really a TECH problem, but I was helping create a database with 30 fields, and because of the high number we decided we wanted the fields to appear down the LHS of the portrait oriented page (i.e. as rows) and not across the top in columns. We cannot find how to do this - we've phrased help every way we can and searched HELP but no luck. You MUST be able to choose this option, so can anyone tell me how? Thanks!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 formatting.

by SteveD In reply to Access 2000 formatting.

The context of your question isn't entirely clear. If you're talking about creating a report or a form to view your 30-field table, then simply select the "columnar" format when using the report wizard or the form wizard. That will give you what you're asking for. If you're talking about modifying the datasheet view of a table or query, then you're out of luck. It will always show your table rows as rows and your table columns as columns.

Steve Diamond

Collapse -

Access 2000 formatting.

by Ian Boothby In reply to Access 2000 formatting.

I WAS trying to view the datasheet 'in reverse' but as you say I can't then thanks for saving me the time trying to work it out! Long live the Republic!!

Collapse -

Access 2000 formatting.

by Ian Boothby In reply to Access 2000 formatting.

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)