General discussion

Access 2000 Forms

By dakota99 ·
I have an Access 2000 database setup to accept data through a form. The form is linked to 1 main table. Each time the form is opened, it displays the data from the records already entered in the table. Is there any way to have the form open already pointed to enter data in the first blank record?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 Forms

by ideafixer In reply to Access 2000 Forms

Open the form in design view. On the left of the horizantal ruler in design view, a small grey box is located on the form.

Right click on this box and select properties. From the form properties, choose the event tabe. Click in the "On Open"event then click the three little dots next to this text box. A options screen will launch. Choose "Code Builder"

When in code builder paste this:

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

into the window. Paste it just above the "End Sub" line and under the "Private Sub Form_Load()". Basically paste it were the code builder first puts you when the screen is launched.

The above code will have the form go to a new record when the form is launched. Good Luck!

Collapse -

Access 2000 Forms

by dakota99 In reply to Access 2000 Forms

Thanks so much for the direct nature of your response. I made this change in about 30 seconds. This little change will save me a lot of aggrevation. I can't thank you enough!!!!

Collapse -

Access 2000 Forms

by george In reply to Access 2000 Forms

Creat an Event Procedure for the event On Load and instert the following:

DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew

This makes the form go to a new record after it has loaded all the data.

Collapse -

Access 2000 Forms

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Access 2000 Forms

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)