General discussion

Access 2000 issue

By Jeff Anderson ·
This is a database I am unfamiliar with but I have a problem to solve. The access 2k database has a domain master and several replica's. One of the could not synchronize with the master and we found an entry in a table that was an ole object type ofrecord. When we delete the record, exit the table, then re-enter, the record is recreated. Where do I go to find this object to remove it permanantly???

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by greg In reply to Access 2000 issue

I suspect that the ole object is corrupt and not required.

Before doing anything make a backup of the mdb file!!!!!!!

First delete any *.ldb when you have no access db's open. It is a long shot but has worked in the past and is always the first thing to try with corrupt access databases. This will will be recreated next time you start access and has not risk.
Try creating a new blank access database. Then import all objects into this database including the corrupt table. This may solve the problem.

If not create a new database with all of the objects except the corrupt table. The information in this table then can manualy be imported into the new table by copy and paste except the corrupt record. If it is a large table you will have to do this in small amounts or write some simple code to do it.

Collapse -

by Jeff Anderson In reply to Access 2000 issue

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)