General discussion

Access 2000 passwords

By ndun ·
Someone has left my organisation very suddenly and not told anyone the poassword for a very important db. Could someone tell me how I can "crack" the password or even bypass the password prompt.
Thanks

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 2000 passwords

by mfoster In reply to Access 2000 passwords

I'm assuming that you are talking about the workgroup password. If that is the case, you might be able to join a new workgroup using workgroup admin which can be found in the Microsoft Office directory. If the ex-employee used the default securityschema, security is controled by the workgroup that you are a member of and by the owner of the objects within the database. If you join a new workgroup and don't change the password for admin you will not be prompted for the password because by default the password is blank.

However, if the ex-employee created the objects and took ownership of them or has his own security built in to the access programs then you might have a problem. Hope this helps. If you can try the above and let me know the results if it doesn't work maybe we can try a few other things. Best of luck.

Collapse -

Access 2000 passwords

by ndun In reply to Access 2000 passwords

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

Access 2000 passwords

by pokester45 In reply to Access 2000 passwords

If you go to www.lostpassword.com you can purchase a utility that will give you the password.
It is simple to use, you simply drag the DB onto the open app. window and it attacks the DB until it finds the password for you.
Good luck

Collapse -

Access 2000 passwords

Thanks for the info

Collapse -

Access 2000 passwords

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)