General discussion

Access 2000 report problem

By tsmith ·
I have a problem that I can't pin point on an Access report. I am reading information from a query and printing on a report. Initially the report prints correctly, but eventually some of the fields move on the print out and print in the wrong place. I can fix the problem with a field by deleting it and readding it to the report. That field works then the problem moves to another field. I am printing to an Okidata 520 Microline printer using on a PC running Windows 98 SE. Any help would beappreciated.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by JoeTech3 In reply to Access 2000 report proble ...

I would try reparing the database, compcting the database, checking for the latest printer drivers, and if all else fails - recreate the entire report, it may be corrupt.

Collapse -

by tsmith In reply to Access 2000 report proble ...

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

by Glenn from Iowa In reply to Access 2000 report proble ...

First, here are some possible solutions:
1) Try checking the Can Grow property of the control (in the form or report design, what you refer to as a field is technically called a control in Access). Also check the Can Grow property of the section. Especially if you are printing on a preprinted form the Can Grow property should be set to No.
2) If compacting and repairing the database doesn?t work, try creating a new (blank) database and import the necessary tables, queries, reports, etc. into the new database.

Now, some additional questions (in case the above didn?t work):
1) In which direction does it move, down or across?
2) When you go into design view, has the control moved from where you expected it to be?
3) What type of report is it, tabular, columnar, other? Are you printing on a pre-printed form?
4) How many records / pages are you printing at a time? When you say eventually, does that mean the first few pages print fine, then later on in that print run, the field moves.
5) How do you select which records to print?

Collapse -

The question was auto-closed by TechRepublic

Collapse -

This question was auto closed due to inactivity

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums