General discussion

Access 97 - Error 35012

By lists ·
Running Access 97 on Windows 98PC using an MDB file on a NT4 server (Also Novell Server connected) file is not split at present. I got an "Unexpected Error 35012" and can not find any reference to indicate what it means. Any ideas on whot or where to find out please

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Access 97 - Error 35012

by dfruin In reply to Access 97 - Error 35012

Did you try to Repair the database using TOOLS - DATABASE UTILITIES - REPAIR DATABASE?

Collapse -

Access 97 - Error 35012

by lists In reply to Access 97 - Error 35012

Had done many times - also used other repair utilities - real problem is not repair but what causes corruption in the first place

Thanks you anyway - all thoughts are welcome.

Collapse -

Access 97 - Error 35012

by Glen_McLeod In reply to Access 97 - Error 35012

This sounds like a Novell problem, as native Jet errors are in the 3000 - 4000 range.

Although it could also be a user-defined error put in by the developper of the application, if so, you need to step through it or get the developer to do so.Are you on a Novell network and using the NT machine just as a file server?

We had similar problems while on a Novell network at one of my clients, we had to change one of the Novell parameters (I think it was client locks).

Do you have NT write permission on the *directory* where the .mdb is located (not just on the file itself)? You need it for when the .ldb is written to disk when the .mdb is opened.

Hope any of these helps.

Glen

Collapse -

Access 97 - Error 35012

Tried above with no luck - answer did cover an area I had not but I am afraid did not make a difference.
We are still looking into the problem but do believe it is a conflict somewhere between the Novell and NT servers and the local '98 workstationand not with the app itself.
Thank you for you assistance - sorry it did not win this time. Will post again later in the month with new facts if no solution found.

Collapse -

Access 97 - Error 35012

This question was closed by the author

Back to Software Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)