General discussion

Anyone know how to access folders in windows 7?

By brendan206 ·
I've been trying everything to access my folder's in windows 7 such as documents and setting and application data. But anything i try i cannot get access, any help would be great :)

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

Repost as Q&A

by CharlieSpencer In reply to Anyone know how to access ...

W7 doesn't have either of those folders. D&S has been replaced with C:\Users. 'Application Data' has been replaced with the hidden 'AppData' folder.

Try reposting this in the 'Q&A' forum. The 'Discussion' forum is for matters of general discussion, not specific problems in search of a solution. The 'Water Cooler' is for non-technical discussions. You can submit a question to 'Q&A' here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/forum/questions/post?tag=mantle_skin;content

There are TR members who specifically seek out problems in need of a solution. Although there is some overlap between the forums, you'll find more of those members in 'Q&A' than in 'Discussions' or 'Water Cooler'.

Be sure to use the voting buttons to provide your feedback. Voting a '+' does not necessarily mean that a given response contained the complete solution to your problem, but that it served to guide you toward it. This is intended to serve as an aid to those who may in the future have a problem similar to yours. If they have a ready source of reference available, perhaps won't need to repeat questions previously asked and answered. If a post did contain the solution to your problem, you can also close the question by marking the helpful post as "The Answer".

Collapse -

Actually..

by jcox02 In reply to Repost as Q&A

Windows 7 does have the documents folder where you can get to it. They also have settings folders.. you just need to know how to get to them. Unless you have royally messed up the configuration of the machine, it is not hard to do.

First, click the windows icon and you will notice on the right hand side of the screen Documents is one of the top items. For the settings and Accessibility folders you will want to click the same windows icon and look for Control Panel.

If you need specific information about programs, you will need to click the icon, then look for Computer, then Hard drive(s), the the Program File(s) folders and you can see the different folders for the programs you have on your machine. Other items can also be found under Administrative Tools after clicking the windows icon. Of course in the future you can also pin many of these folders to your task bar, or desktop.

Collapse -

you have to go

by PurpleSkys In reply to Anyone know how to access ...

to folder options in control panel and show hidden files and folders and hidden system files (not recommended for the novice user) but it's not the same as before. See here for a better explanation http://windows7themes.net/how-to-access-documents-and-settings-in-windows-7.html

Back to Software Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums