Question

ASA5505 and 871W Daisy Chained

By contact_robb ·
I am trying to Daisy chain an 871W into an ASA 5505. I am able to access the internet just fine through each of them indivdually both when both are used together I can not access it. From the console of the 871W I am able to ping internet ip addresses but not via a computer connected to the 871W. I will post the running config from both shortly.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

thoughts

by Lwood In reply to ASA5505 and 871W Daisy Ch ...

Assuming the ASA is facing the internet and the 871 is behind the ASA - your default gateway for all traffic leaving the 871W would be the ASA. I would setup a /30 address between the two devices - ASA 192.168.0.2/30 - 871 192.168.0.3/30. Then on the 871 you would have a new default route pointing to the interface connecting to the ASA inteface. Might look like this "ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fa4" Another though...I don't know alot about the ASA but if it has switching functionality then you would take the 870 and dumb it down to just a switch with vlans associated to what you setup on the ASA. Since the 870 will let you bridge your WLAN traffic you could get your 870wlan and all ethernet traffic on the same vlan.

It's complex what your trying to do - good luck. You can always open up a tac to cisco for advice.

Back to Networks Forum
2 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums