Question

• Creator
    Topic

Barracuda Spam Firewall 300 Looses Network Connectivity

by kris ·

So I have a dilemma. We just installed a Barracuda Networks, SPAM Firewall 300 in our network. It has some intermittent issues in where it will totally loose network connectivity, and I cannot ping the device, or access the web client. Any Ideas on what may be causing this issue? Thanks! Kris

All Answers

• Author
    Replies

Clarifications

by kris ·

In reply to Barracuda Spam Firewall 300 Looses Network Connectivity

Clarifications

Got Link?

by robo_dev ·

When in failure mode, is little green lite lit at the device and at the ethernet switch it’s plugged into?

Perform a hardware test

What are the front-panel indicators doing when it’s in failure mode?

Dig into syslogs on unit to see if something weird is going on.

Still Nothing…

by kris ·

In reply to Got Link?

I have done all of that. Been On the phone with tech support and still don’t know why it will just randomly stop pinging the device. Its wiered. It will ping and I will have access, the all of the sudden, it will stop pinging for a few seconds, ping again, then stop for about a minute, ping again, then it will totally cut out. And you go to a different comptuer, it does the same thing. I’m at a loss…I don’t know what to do. Any other input would be greatly appreciated. Kris

Webroot Email SaaS

by henryadam80 ·

“Hi Kris! Webroot Email SaaS is a cloud based service that sits between your ISP and your email server. Theres nothing for you to install. All you need to do is change your MX record to Webroots and configure your firewall to only accept inbound mail from mail from Webroot and your all set. So, you’ll not face a dilemma to Looses Network Connectivity.

I’m currently subscribed to Webroot Email SaaS which provides a global network of Data Centres to provide protection with full redundancy and guarantees on email uptime… i think this is a better approach as it leverages a security company’s infrastructure. ”

Viewing 2 reply threads