General discussion

Calculations is Access 2000

By djpinson ·
I created a form w/ 16 questions from a table where fields Q1-Q16 reside they are stup as text fields.

I used the "option group function" and labled for each question choices 1 through 5.

And gave each a value of 1-5 using check boxes, these values are then stored in the Q1-Q16 fields.

What I would like to do is total the answers & calculate the percentage of answers from the 16 questions.

I.E., Q1,Q7,Q10 has value of 2. Q2,Q3 & Q5 have a value of 3.

How do I get access to show (& where?) what percent of the 16 has a value of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5?

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by Peyison In reply to Calculations is Access 20 ...

To big with, this may be easier to do if you restructure your table. Instead of having a table with fields Q1 - Q16, create a table with three fields: User, Question and Answer.
The User field would probably have an Id representing the user answering the questions. The Question field would have the question number, and the Answer field would contain the answer. So you'd have 16 records per user:

User Question Answer
101 1 5
101 2 3
101 3 1
101 4 1
101 5 4
101 6 5
101 7 2
... throughquestion 16
102 1 4
102 2 1
102 3 1
... etc

Now you can create a query like:

Select Count(User)/16 as PercentOne Where Answer=1 And User=101

This would return the percent of answers of 1 for user 101. You'd have to do this for all 5 answer values.

You could create a report to display this information.

Let me know if you're interested in more info or would like a sample database with report.

Collapse -

by djpinson In reply to Calculations is Access 20 ...

Poster rated this answer

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Collapse -

Thanks for your help! I don't have a clear understanding of the procedure though. If you could give me more info & a sample dbase it might help to clear things up.

Back to Web Development Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Software Forums