General discussion

Can't Log Onto 9x Drive w/2000 Server

By Shanghai Sam ·
How can we get an unattend re-connect of a password protected 98SE drive when re-booting our 2000 Server?

We are running a NetBEUI Protocal network with mostly 98SE systems. We recently purchased a 25 user Windows 2000 Server license, and have installed and configured it on an IBM x220 Box.
The problem we are having is one of our 98SE storage drives requires a password for full access. When mapping the drive the password (using both upper and lower case letters) is accepted, but when the 2000 Server is rebooted, it is reporting an invalid password, when the same password used to originally map the drive is entered, it is accepted and the computer finishes booting just fine, but we need to be able to make this machine map this drive upon a re-boot without user input...Thank You

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by scott In reply to Can't Log Onto 9x Drive w ...

Bad Post...Please Reply To Scott@Gullys.com or see post above...Thank You

Collapse -

by Blackcurrant In reply to Can't Log Onto 9x Drive w ...

Hi Scott

I think you may need to create a system account which has the following rights:

Group rights: Administrators, Domain Admin, Backup Operator; Advanced rights: Log on locally, Log on as a service, Act as part of the operating system.If you allow the server to log on using this account you may succeed. I had a similar problem where my backup program could not log on a machine, even though the account and password had been entered. Creating and using an account with the above rights enabled access.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -

by SixFourtyKilo In reply to Can't Log Onto 9x Drive w ...

Is the Win9x box part of the domain?

Back to Windows Forum
3 total posts (Page 1 of 1)