General discussion

Catch-All acount for Exchange 2000

By reference ·
Is there a way to create an account, or modify an existing acount to pick up any non-existent mail to a particular domain. in other words, if I have a domain 'domain.com', and have mailboxes for jane, and john ((jane@domain.com and john@domain.com))can I have john pickup any mail that gets sent to *@domain.com, like bill@domain.com or knucklehead@domain.com, even if I don't have a mailbox setup for bill, or knucklehead. - a "catch-all" acount!

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to Catch-All acount for Exch ...

Yes, every email server I have worked with has this option. Please provide the info on your Email System so I can help you.

Collapse -

by reference In reply to Catch-All acount for Exch ...

Not sure what additional info your looking for, but I have an Exchange 2000 server on a 2000 domain controller with mailboxes setup and working fine, just need to designate one of my mailboxes to catch all mail sent to this domain that doesn't already have a mailbox setup. Please let me know what additional info you need. Thanks in advance for the help!! P.S. I don't know if I'm doing this right, but it appears that I need to reject this answer in order to submit this comment, but obviously if you help out with this, I'll give you the points you deserve!

Collapse -

by shmaltz In reply to Catch-All acount for Exch ...

Sorry, I didn't realize you had your system name in the title of this question.
In System Manager expend; Administrative Groups > Site Name > Servers > Server Name > Protocols > SMTP, Right click on the Default SMTP Virtual Server and choose prperties. Click on the Messages Tab and in the box named "Send Copy Of Non-Delivery Report To:" Type in an email address. When the NDR arrives in Outlook you can choose to view the message.

Collapse -

This works, but it's a little sloppy. In Rockliff Mailsite, you could designate a catch-all acount that would receive these non-deliverable message and send them straight to my account like a normal message...do you know of any way to make this happen in exchange 2000???

Collapse -

This question was closed by the author

Back to Windows Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)