General discussion

Change IP Schemes in Server 2003, task list?

By nowmenow23 ·
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with, or point me to, some help and guidance about changing IP schemes for a 2003 server enviroment? Anything would be greatly appreciated, outline of project, list of tasks involved. Thanks for anything you could provide me with.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Comments

Collapse -

by CG IT In reply to Change IP Schemes in Serv ...

Big company? small company? how many domains? how many subnets? how many sites? how many DNS zones?
Using DHCP?

changing IP schemes is not all that difficult. Problems result when DNS isn't configured right as client queries for all AD resources are resolved by DNS.

Collapse -

by nowmenow23 In reply to Change IP Schemes in Serv ...

About 130 worstations, all static IP. We would be using 1 site, 1 dns zone,1 domain, 1 subnet. Thanks for the info that you can provide.

Collapse -

by Tig2 In reply to Change IP Schemes in Serv ...

I am assuming that you are not looking for the technical fine points based on where this question has been logged. If you are looking for Project Management templates that will assist you in managing the project overall- Action Items, Change Control, Issues Logging, etc, I would point a browser to www.tenstep.com or Google on Ten Step. Ganthead is another great resource.
Good Luck!

Collapse -

IP Schemes in server 2003

by mbiab_2000 In reply to Change IP Schemes in Serv ...

Don't worry. Install DHCP Server role
Create New Scope range for example 192.168.0.21 to 254.
Change each workstation setting obtain an ip automatically. you can use first 20 IP for your servers like DNS, WINS etc.

Back to IT Employment Forum
4 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

General Discussion Forums