Discussions

Cisco 501 Pix 6.3.5

+
0 Votes

Cisco 501 Pix 6.3.5

danialmills
I have a 501 running 6.3.5 and when i use the Console and blast by the flash boot and get to a comand prompt i get an error " cannot select private key " then the Pix locks up and i have to hard boot the firewall. i have tryed to install a new IOS image ( 6.3.5 ) and it gose great until the reboot and the same issue happens, locks up trying to get anywhere on it.
TIA for any help

Dan
  • +
    0 Votes
    princeat

You need to clear the RSA key from the flash.

command you need to run is:-

ca zerioize all

then

ca save all

thenif you want to do a wr erase and reload everything will be ok.

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

Thank you, i will try that this AM, and will post what happens.

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

Thank you, i will try that this AM, and will post what happens. Happy Holidays

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

Well after trying to clear the keys,i have also ran into another issue. the firewall locks up in the Console mode. I will be sending this hardware back for a replacement, thanks for you help

+
    0 Votes
    princeat

It's unlikely that clearing the config and RSA keys produces a hardware error.

What is the actual error you are seeing?

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

I think you are right, i dont think that clearing the key would do this. When i remote in using the console it locks up for a few Sec's and i can not get into the flash menu. it was working a few days ago but now there is a about 3-4 seconds where it will not respond at all. i can plug in a pc to a port and it will light it up, plug in a I-Net connection and it will light it up also, so i really dont know whats going on with it. it will boot to a prompt but you get the error about the key and then it stops responding.

+
    0 Votes

princeat

Then I suggest the following:-

1) Remove the RSA keys.
    2) wr erase the unit
    3) Downgrade the IOS to 6.3.4

See if this solves it.

• +
    0 Votes
    princeat

You need to clear the RSA key from the flash.

command you need to run is:-

ca zerioize all

then

ca save all

thenif you want to do a wr erase and reload everything will be ok.

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

Thank you, i will try that this AM, and will post what happens.

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

Thank you, i will try that this AM, and will post what happens. Happy Holidays

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

Well after trying to clear the keys,i have also ran into another issue. the firewall locks up in the Console mode. I will be sending this hardware back for a replacement, thanks for you help

+
    0 Votes
    princeat

It's unlikely that clearing the config and RSA keys produces a hardware error.

What is the actual error you are seeing?

+
    0 Votes
    danialmills

I think you are right, i dont think that clearing the key would do this. When i remote in using the console it locks up for a few Sec's and i can not get into the flash menu. it was working a few days ago but now there is a about 3-4 seconds where it will not respond at all. i can plug in a pc to a port and it will light it up, plug in a I-Net connection and it will light it up also, so i really dont know whats going on with it. it will boot to a prompt but you get the error about the key and then it stops responding.

+
    0 Votes

princeat

Then I suggest the following:-

1) Remove the RSA keys.
    2) wr erase the unit
    3) Downgrade the IOS to 6.3.4

See if this solves it.