Cisco Aironet AP521 multiple SSID configuration

By yih_khang ·
Here I am trying to connect the internet with Cisco AP. Each on different SSIDs ( ssid1 and ssid2 ) at the same time on the same Cisco AP but
I can connect only with "ssid1" whose corresponding VLAN is checked as "native VLAN" ( only one VLAN can be set as "native VLAN" at a time) .
When tried with "ssid2" , the PC was failed to connect via internet and can not get the IP address which is provided by the DHCP server. The reason behind this I think is that VLAN corresponding to "ssid2" is not "native VLAN", because when I replace the native VLAN (which is VLAN corresponding to "ssid1") by VLAN corresponding to "ssid2" . The PC can online with "ssid2", but at the same time others PC will not be able to online with "ssid1"

please help~~~ thank you very much.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

by rjluvkc In reply to Cisco Aironet AP521 multi ...

SSID 1 works because your DHCP server is already on that need to route DHCP through your router to the other VLAN. What router are you using? Is it the DHCP server? The second vlan ip config needs to be different than your native vlan.

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by yih_khang In reply to Routing

Anywhere, I not using router. I'm using the WatchGuard Firewall to route the traffic. Is it possible the second VLAN IP same IP subnet with the native VLAN?

Collapse -

WatchGuard Firewall

by rjluvkc In reply to Cisco Aironet AP521 multi ...

I believe you will have to configure another dhcp scope and assign it to your second vlan that isnt working.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums