Question

cisco mc3810-v3 access concentrator what does this do?

By mnewbegin ·
I have a network here at work. We have our T1 coming in, and it goes from our main line into our T1/E1 port on this access concentrator. We have a new internet connection coming in that i need to setup, and im wondering about how this should be configured.

We have a cisco 1700 router this is connected to also, by the serial connection, big plug on the back.

I also need to reset the passwords on them, which I am doing today.

What does this unit actually do?? any help woudl be nice.

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

multiservice

by CG IT In reply to cisco mc3810-v3 access co ...

multiservice router handling Wireless/Firewall /Video/PoE with many WAN connection types [ATM/Frame/DSL/PSTN.All depends on what modules you have installed.

if you don't know, would it be prudent to muck with it at the risk of service interruption?

Collapse -

thanks I will look into getting a manual for this

by mnewbegin In reply to multiservice

Hopefully I can find a manual for this, or I will just tell my boss that a call from the folks that setup this part of our network must come in and help me configure the network.

does anyone have a link to a manual for this all I could find was a quickstart guide.
which didn't have much of a quick start help in it.

Collapse -

no manual

by CG IT In reply to thanks I will look into g ...

there's no manual per se.

manuals and user guides on Cisco equipment are just about the same as what you would get with a TV.

Cisco equipment has its own operating system [IOS] and if your unfamiliar with it and how to configure interfaces, the most prudent course of action is to call the people who originally put in and configured the equipment.

Collapse -

tons of help at www.cisco.com

by sgt_shultz In reply to thanks I will look into g ...

first thing i'd learn is how to backup and restore the current configuration.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums