Question

CISCO ME 3400 LAN configuration

By vgeoffm ·
Hi,
I am using CISCO ME 3400 switch on my LAN i managed to configure and the computers on the LAN can access the internet without any problem but cannot ping other computers on same LAN. I configured Vlan1 but still cannot ping. i tend to think this may be a security feature on this router and i would like to know if there is a way of enabling ping on LAN.
regards,
Geoff

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

About the problem !!

by hit138 In reply to CISCO ME 3400 LAN configu ...

Hey
I faced these problem before many times , the problem is contained in the same PCs because the vision of operationg system is not well .
So you should format the OS and reinstall it again .
Am sure the problem well gone .

Collapse -

Cisco ME 3400 Lan configuration

by -gargravarr- In reply to CISCO ME 3400 LAN configu ...

Check out the Cisco Docs on the ME 3400 Metro Ethernet Switches, especially the section on types of Private Vlans and Private Vlan Ports, this looks like the problem you are looking at.
This maybe the wrong device for your infrastructure.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400/software/release/12.2_37_se/configuration/guide/swpvlan.html#wp1067012

Collapse -

Windows 7 ?

by kmthom In reply to CISCO ME 3400 LAN configu ...

If you are using Windows 7 you may have to tell the Win7 firewall to allow ICMP packets. Go here:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+enable+ping+response+in+windows+7

Win7, by default, does not allow ICMP to pass through its firewall. Hopefully this helps you. :-)

-=K=-

Collapse -

VLANS

by hwelte791 In reply to CISCO ME 3400 LAN configu ...

We need a little more info. what is your switch and router configs ?
but until we see more info you may want to see that the switch ports have been assigned the correct VLAN number, and that the PC's firewalls have been configured to respond to pings.

one way to check the firewalls of the PC's is to plug them into an unmanaged switch (no VLANS).
you should be able to ping between the PC's on the same sub-net.

Back to Networks Forum
5 total posts (Page 1 of 1)  

Hardware Forums