Classic SciFi Scenes

+
0 Votes

Classic SciFi Scenes

lehnerus2000
Here are a few classic SciFi scenes:

<b>Forbidden Planet</b>
The tour of the Krell complex.
The battle against the monster at the spaceship.
<b>The Planet of the Apes</b> (the original)
The final scene on the beach.
<b>Star Wars</b>
The opening Star Destroyer fly-over.
<b>Alien</b>
The alien ship.
<b>The Empire Strikes Back</b>
The asteroid chase.
<b>Blade Runner</b>
The city fly-over.
<b>The Return of the Living Dead</b>
The battle against the first corpse.
<b>Prince Of Darkness</b>
The computer readout, "Your god...".
<b>The Fifth Element</b>
The city scene when Leeloo escapes.
<b>V for Vendetta</b>
The first terror bombing.

What does everyone else think?
  • +
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

Classic because of Lucas' attempt to 'correct' the scene over a decade later in the re-release.

Also 'Wrath of Khan', from beginning to end.

+
    0 Votes
    Tony Hopkinson

The herd of dinosaurs in Jurassic park.

How about adding one they should do

Axis City travelling down the way from Greg Bear's Eon....

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

I've read three or four of his novels, including Eon, although it's probably been a decade since the last one. I found him disappointing. As I recall, his concepts and science are great, the characters are pretty good, but he can't write an ending worth a Denebian Slime Devil. He took me for great rides, but at at the end they went nowhere.

+
    0 Votes
    Tony Hopkinson

Readable stuff, but lacking something.
    Darwin's Radio and the sequel are worth a read though.

+
    0 Votes
    NotSoChiGuy

"Khhhhhaaaaannnnn"---like Palmetto said, the whole movie qualifies.

Luke and Vader's face-off in ESB. From the start of their confrontation to Luke jumping down the weather vane, that was probably the best few minutes in the entire Star Wars film-universe as far as I'm concerned.

"He's coming to get you, Barbara." The scene being in B&W, in the cemetery and with the way the line was delivered was just on the mark.

"Take your stinking paws off me, you d@mn dirty ape." Great chase scene leading up to a memorable line.

Obi Wan vanishing as Vader slices through him. I think that added to the mysteries of the Force. Too bad Lucas decided to explain it all away as some form of bacterial infection (I know, not exactly what was stated, but may as well have been).

The scene from the original 'War of the Worlds' where the nuke failed to stop the walkers. Not so much the act itself, but the look of dejection in the bunker afterward.

The scene of Christopher Reeve running, and tearing his shirt to show the 'S' beneath.

Those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

+
    0 Votes
    nonseq

Except about 20 minutes of the slit scan. The opening sequence was Kubrick at his best as a story teller. The monolith on the moon....

Open the pod bay doors, Hal

+
    0 Votes
    rwatters

Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.

+
    0 Votes
    drowningnotwaving

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."

Blade Runner. Brilliant.

+
    0 Votes
    jimferguson

AS Richard Dreyfuss prepares to join the new departing pioneers, LaCombe says, "Mr. Leary, I envy you!"

• +
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

Classic because of Lucas' attempt to 'correct' the scene over a decade later in the re-release.

Also 'Wrath of Khan', from beginning to end.

+
    0 Votes
    Tony Hopkinson

The herd of dinosaurs in Jurassic park.

How about adding one they should do

Axis City travelling down the way from Greg Bear's Eon....

+
    0 Votes
    CharlieSpencer

I've read three or four of his novels, including Eon, although it's probably been a decade since the last one. I found him disappointing. As I recall, his concepts and science are great, the characters are pretty good, but he can't write an ending worth a Denebian Slime Devil. He took me for great rides, but at at the end they went nowhere.

+
    0 Votes
    Tony Hopkinson

Readable stuff, but lacking something.
    Darwin's Radio and the sequel are worth a read though.

+
    0 Votes
    NotSoChiGuy

"Khhhhhaaaaannnnn"---like Palmetto said, the whole movie qualifies.

Luke and Vader's face-off in ESB. From the start of their confrontation to Luke jumping down the weather vane, that was probably the best few minutes in the entire Star Wars film-universe as far as I'm concerned.

"He's coming to get you, Barbara." The scene being in B&W, in the cemetery and with the way the line was delivered was just on the mark.

"Take your stinking paws off me, you d@mn dirty ape." Great chase scene leading up to a memorable line.

Obi Wan vanishing as Vader slices through him. I think that added to the mysteries of the Force. Too bad Lucas decided to explain it all away as some form of bacterial infection (I know, not exactly what was stated, but may as well have been).

The scene from the original 'War of the Worlds' where the nuke failed to stop the walkers. Not so much the act itself, but the look of dejection in the bunker afterward.

The scene of Christopher Reeve running, and tearing his shirt to show the 'S' beneath.

Those are the ones that come immediately to mind.

+
    0 Votes
    nonseq

Except about 20 minutes of the slit scan. The opening sequence was Kubrick at his best as a story teller. The monolith on the moon....

Open the pod bay doors, Hal

+
    0 Votes
    rwatters

Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.

+
    0 Votes
    drowningnotwaving

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in the rain. Time to die."

Blade Runner. Brilliant.

+
    0 Votes
    jimferguson

AS Richard Dreyfuss prepares to join the new departing pioneers, LaCombe says, "Mr. Leary, I envy you!"