Question

configure Outlook 2003 so that it does NOT convert incoming HTML to plain

By jayesh.shah ·
All my incoming email (using outlook 2003) get converted to plain text and information (eg tables) are lost. Why?
PS.
1) under Email options - Read ALL mail in plain test is NOT ticked
2)using microsoft 2003 as mail editor
3) Can compose and send HTML emails

This conversation is currently closed to new comments.

30 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next
| Thread display: Collapse - | Expand +

All Answers

Collapse -

Some questions...

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to configure Outlook 2003 so ...

1. Are the people emailing you using plain text?
2. Is this a personal or business email account?
3. Is tools/Options/Mail Format configured to compose in HTML?
4. Is incoming email in fact converted to plain text, or do you just not receive content that is HTML dependent?

Collapse -

Answers to questions

by jayesh.shah In reply to Some questions...

1. Are the people emailing you using plain text?

Answer Both. People email me using plain text or HTML. Thus in the blue bar title of the message it clear shows either - Message (HTML) or Message (Plain) However the acid test is when I Compose an email in HTML (eg. with tables) and mail it to my own email address. The mail in the sent mail box shows a table (blue bar title says HTML). The mail I receive from the mail server (ie. one orignated by me) has information in plain text (and the blue bar title say (Plain Text). Thus messages to myself get converted from HTML to Plain text. If HTML message was sent to two receients (me and another) then I get Plain text back and the another recepient gets message in HTML.
2. Is this a personal or business email account?
Answer:- Business
3. Is tools/Options/Mail Format configured to compose in HTML?
Answer :- Yes
4. Is incoming email in fact converted to plain text, or do you just not receive content that is HTML dependent? Aswer:- See answer 1. I do recive mail from other source in HTML and can view it without any problems (ie. format conserved).

Thanks for the help so far.

Collapse -

Does your business use...

by boxfiddler Moderator In reply to Answers to questions

an Exchange server? Have they configured it is some way to convert HTML to plain text?

It may be that your Outlook Security Options need tweaking. Menu Bar/Tools/Options/Security-Change Automatic Download Settings (middle of the dialogue box). The default/s enable Outlook to block HTML content. Clear the appropriate checkmarks and see if this helps.

This pretty much gets to the limit of my knowledge re: what might be causing your problem, so if it doesn't help hopefully someone else will chime in with a solution.

Collapse -

Triend enabled outlook from blocking incoming HTML

by jayesh.shah In reply to Does your business use...

as sugguested...No sucess.
Thanks for helpo so far. if you have any further idea, kindly appriciated.
Other people in the orgnisation do not have this issue so unlikly to be the mail server.
Thanks

Collapse -

Not sure this will work

by just.srad In reply to Triend enabled outlook fr ...

In Word 2003 choose, -> Tools ->Option -> General ->E-mail Options -> General tab -> uncheck the option "Filter HTML before sending"

Hope it helps.

Collapse -

Configure outlook so that it recieves the email in plain/text

by muhammady In reply to Not sure this will work

Hi ALl,
I want to configure my outlook so that it recieves all the email in plain/text format. I have the idea of how to set the format for compose emails. but do not know how to set this format for emails that i recieve. Can anyone help me on this issue.

Thanks,
Muhammad Yousaf

Collapse -

How to receive or not received HTML

by georgeharrell In reply to Not sure this will work

Settings for HTML in outlook
1. Go to tools and then click options.
2. Click on email options in the preferences tab.
3. Unselect or unselect remove all line breaks and also uncheck or check read standard mail in plain text

you are done!

Collapse -

Reponse To Answer

by ayonbaxter In reply to Some questions...

I have the same exact problem. I am using Outlook Connector with Hotmail account. I would love to find a solution too. The funny thing is that it does not convert all HTML, just most of them.

Collapse -

How to view all e-mail messages in plain text format

by haja In reply to configure Outlook 2003 so ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831607
To turn on the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2003, follow these steps: 1. Start Outlook 2003.
2. On the Tools menu, click Options.
3. On the Preferences tab, in the E-mail area, click E-mail Options.
4. In the Message handling area, click to select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.

Note By default, the Read all standard mail in plain text option is turned off.
To turn on the Read all standard mail in plain text option in Outlook 2007, follow these steps: 1. Start Outlook 2007.
2. On the Tools menu, click Trust Center, and then click E-mail Security.
3. Under Read as Plain Text, click to select the Read all standard mail in plain text check box.
4. To include messages that are signed with a digital signature, click to select the Read all digitally signed mail in plain text check box.

Collapse -

SAme PRoblem

by cruis20 In reply to How to view all e-mail me ...

Thankz to Jayesh to bring this up to notice...even i have been facing the same problem for quite a while n the funny part is i use 2 profiles for business purpose and one of dem seems to be workin fine with the HTML stuff.

While th other seems to have a mind of its own:-( wen i add CC to my myself the mail comes up in plain text format and not in HTML format.

THe people whom i send messages receive them in proper HTML format....PLease HELP!!!

Back to Software Forum
30 total posts (Page 1 of 3)   01 | 02 | 03   Next

Software Forums